You may enter up to four images for competition evenings; up to two images in ‘Set Subject’ and up to two images in ‘Open’. Find the set subject topic for the competition in the newsletter or on the Meetings page.
The PhotovaultOnline events will only accept images that conform to their HD definition that they describe as HD – Images must be sized with either the height exactly 1080px or the width exactly 1920px (2mb). Here is a further explanation of what this means.
- Images must be either 1920 pixels wide or 1080 pixels tall.
- If the image is 1920 pixels wide, then the height may be no greater than 1080 pixels.
- If the image is 1080 pixels high, then the width may be no greater than 1920 pixels.
- The image file must be a JPEG file no larger than 2MB (megabytes) in size.
- Although this is not validated, the image should be in the sRGB colour space to ensure consistent colour rendition across all viewing screens. If you leave the colour space as AdobeRGB, Profoto or other then judges may not see it as you intended.
As you will need to join the Photo Vault Online website and then request to join the Helderberg Photographic Society club on the site before you will be able to submit your entries, it’s important to enter well before the closing date on your first time, in case there are any delays or problems.